Biking has its fun and craze especially amongst the youngsters in India. Every year thousands of bikers leave for long road trips and rides in the hilly terrain. These riders look for the most popular bikes that offer great mileage, are affordable, and are low maintenance.
For long trip lovers, here are the top 10 popular bikes for long trips in India:
1. Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220
Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220
Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 stole the heart of the riders ever since it was launched in India. It is:
- Laidback cruiser for comfort.
- Priced between Rs.1.22 lakhs.
- Self-start enabled bike that runs on petrol and has a BS 6 compliant engine.
- 5-speed gearbox with single-channel ABS.
- Available in two colors Moon White and Auburn Black.
- A single-cylinder bike with a 220cc engine that produces 19bhp and 17.5Nm of torque.
2. KTM 390 Duke
KTM 390 Duke
KTM 390 Duke, a commuter bike is available in 1 variant in India. You can buy it for Rs.2.58 lakhs. Other features of the bike that can fascinate you include:
- A 6-speed manual gearbox, 373.2cc engine that produces 42.9bhp and 37Nm of torque.
- Made in two colors, KTM 390 Duke comes with ABS, both rear and front disc brakes.
- Color TFT screen that can be connected with the rider’s smartphone through Bluetooth.
3. Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350
A heartthrob of thousands of riders and a cruiser on the road, Royal Enfield Thunderbird is a perfect choice for a long drive. You can choose the bike as:
- The price starts from Rs.1.56 lakhs that is worth the pay for.
- It offers a mileage of 30 km per liter.
- The bike has a powerful engine of 346 cc that produces 19.8 bhp and 28Nm torque.
You may also like: This woman biker traveled from Kanyakumari to Leh in just 129 hrs
4. Harley Davidson SuperLow
Harley Davidson SuperLow
Harley Davidson SuperLow is the dream bike for many. A robust bike with sharp edges and bold design can make for a choice because:
- This 17-liter fuel storage capacity bike offers 20 km per liter of mileage.
- It has a powerful engine of 883 cc that produces 50 bhp power and 69Nm Torque.
- The price of the bike starts at Rs.5.60 lakhs only.
5. Bajaj Dominar 400
Bajaj Dominar 400
Bajaj Dominar 400 is a cruiser bike in India which is perfectly fine for long drives on the Indian roads. Bajaj Dominar 400 has:
- 27 cc engine capacity that generates 39.42 bhp of power and 35nm of torque.
- The 6-speed manual gearbox simplifies the driving fun.
- The affordable price range starts from Rs.1,97,438/-.
A Bengaluru based female biker Candida Louis has covered 34,000 KMs in a solo bike trip from India to Australia using a Bajaj Dominar 400
6. Royal Enfield Himalayan.
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Royal Enfield Himalayan is the bike for adventure lovers in India. Perfect and suitable to drive in the hilly terrains, Royal Enfield is the touring bike. Other features of this bike include:
- Single-cylinder and four-stroke engine with 411 cc displacement.
- The bike offers you a fuel economy of 30 to 36.26 km per liter.
- The price range of the bike is Rs.1.87 lakhs to Rs.1.91 lakhs.
- About 10 color variants are available to choose from.
7. Jawa Perak
The large and tamper-proof Jawa Perak is a strong and top-heavy bike that goes steady for long drives in India. The favorable features of Jawa Perak include:
- The price starts at Rs.1,96,941.
- It generates 30 bhp of power and 32.74 Nm Torque from a 334 cc engine.
- The single-cylinder engine of Jawa Perak comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
8. Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 gives you a smooth ride. This bike is powered by an air/oil-cooled engine. The seats are comfortable not just for the driver but also for the pillion rider. You can choose the bike because:
- It has a parallel twin 649 cc engine that produces 47bhp and 52Nm of torque.
- The price range of the bike starts from Rs.2.5 lakhs- Rs.2.88 lakhs.
- The bike offers a mileage of 25 km/liter.
- It has dual-channel ABS for safety.
This bike is so popular that Arunachal CM had kicked off a bike trip on RE Interceptor to promote adventure sports in the state.
9. Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT
Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT has a powerful double cylinder engine that can give you a smooth ride for long distances.
- The bike has a 6-speed manual gearbox for a smooth ride.
- The engine displacement of the bike is 645 cc that produces 71bhp power and 62Nm torque.
- You get a mileage of 26.46 km per liter.
- It will cost you Rs.7,46,000/-.
10. Mahindra Mojo XT 300
Mahindra Mojo XT 300
Mahindra Mojo XT 300, is available in two colors: volcano red and ocean blue. The bike receives the power from a 300 cc liquid-cooled EFI engine.
- The well-built bike is available in the price range of Rs.1,63,000/- to Rs.1,89,000/-.
- The engine produces 27.19 bhp of power and 30 Nm torque.
- The fuel tank capacity is 21 liter that will help you go 25 km per liter.
So are you planning to buy one such bike and disappear on the roads? we feel you! But please take the following things with you for a safe trip: Bike documents and driving license, a good helmet with proper riding gears, backpacks with all the ropes and knots, some snacks, a small bike repair kit, fluorescent tapes, flashlights, and most importantly insurance. And yes! Do not forget to get these things checked before starting the journey: Tires, Fuel, Wheel Alignment, Brakes, Chain/Belt, and Engine.
Why insurance is the most important thing to have before any bike trip:
Long drives can be fun but not without an insurance policy. Make sure you buy or renew your bike insurance policy before you start your journey. The bike insurance policy will save you from accidents, theft, fire, natural disasters, personal accidents, and third-party losses.
Other than this, a bike insurance policy can be useful in a bike trip because:
- Roadside Assistance: Long trips may call for some unexpected challenges like bike breakdown. You cannot trust all motor garages to get your bike fixed as they may mislead you with the issues. Better is having insurance because then you can have assistance arranged by the insurer. They will make arrangements or guide you for a hassle-free repair.
- Cashless Repair Facility: Only if you have insurance, you can get the benefit of the cashless repair at the network garages. You might not want to spend extravagantly when on a long trip. Hence, the cashless facility will be a benefit for you.
- Quick claim process: When you have an online two-wheeler insurance policy, you can easily file the claim through your mobile phone. You can be on your trip, get the bike repaired, and still file a claim. And the claim process is completely online and super quick. It is paperless and some insurance companies say that their claim process takes a few minutes! Super Simple!
Gone are the days when you have go to the insurance office or talk to an agent to buy a bike insurance. These days buying insurance online is safer and better because it:
- Will help you save time to purchase the policy. All the terms and conditions can be read online.
- Allows you to choose the cover and add-on cover without bias.
- Help you save premium because there are no middlemen involved when you buy the policy online.
- Makes Quick policy receiving possible as soon as you deposit the premium.
- Aids you compare the quotes online before making the final purchase of the policy.