The Indian athletics season if off to a brilliant start with the first-ever India Open Throws and Jumps competition followed by the Indian Grand Prix 1. While the long jumpers have been in the limelight for all the right reasons, others have not done too badly either.
In the spotlight today will be Olympians Avinash Sable, Tajinder Toor and Kamalpreet Kaur. How will the trio fare?
Stay tuned for all the latest updates!
- 23 March 2022 1:40 PM GMT
That's all we have from the Indian Grand Prix 2 in Trivandrum. Here are some of the highlights from the event:
- Avinash Sable sets a National Record in 3000m Steeplechase clocking 8:16.21
- Kamalpreet Kaur wins Discus Throw with a best of 61.39m
- Tajinderpal Singh Toor did not start in Men's Shotput
- Priya Mohan registers Personal Best of 52.37 seconds to win 400m ahead of Poovamma, Jisna and Vismaya
- Parul Chaudhary clocks the best women's Steeplechase timing (9:38.29) since 2016 to walk away as the winner
- Eldhose Paul registers a Personal Best of 16.95m to win Triple Jump while veteran Arpinder Singh failed to impress
- Tokyo Olympian Noah Nirmal Tom(46.19) beaten by Rajesh Ramesh(46.09) of Tamil Nadu in Men's 400m Race B
- 23 March 2022 1:33 PM GMT
Eldhose Paul of Kerala takes the Men's Triple Jump title with a Personal Best leap of 16.95m. His state-mate Abdulla Aboobacker takes silver at 16.70m, while Tamil Nadu's Gailey Venister is third with 16.09m.
On the other hand, the veteran Arpinder Singh had a lackluster outing with a best effort of 15.63m.
- 23 March 2022 12:25 PM GMT
Uttarakhand takes 1-2 in Men's Shot put with Aniket and Adhish Ghildhiyal throwing a best of 17.42m and 16.48m respectively. Karnataka's Prajwal Shetty takes bronze with 14.42m.
Interestingly Tajinderpal Singh Toor, who was last seen in action at the World Indoor Championships has a DNS against his name.